Friday, November 12, 2010
Mug Rug Maddness...
This is the mug rug I finally finished for my scrappy mug rug swap partner over on Flickr. I had such a hard time with this cute little deer print because I had pulled so many dark reds to match it that I got lost in design for the last month. Seriously I was stuck!
Here is what I started with:
Since my partner likes Red and Aqua, this is what I had to go with... However, I don't usually quilt in reds and aquas so I had to seek out fabric that would compliment each other... Combining the two was just too much for me. I took a poll and people really liked the reds so I went with that and this is what I ended up with:
Which was totally cute but SO MUCH RED! And I was stuck for a week and a half. I just couldn't do it. So I started on this new design which literally came to me one evening and finished it that night! I'm so happy with the end result and so happy I was able to combine the aqua and red into one.