Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween fun!

Happy 2nd birthday!

My little Antonio turned two this Halloween and here he is in his costume. Making this was a little hard since he didn't want to take it off once I made the fittings.

Happy halloween

This was my first time making boxing shorts like this, as there are no patterns or instructions I could find on the internet. But I winged it and used a simple shorts pattern and slightly modified it and it worked out well!

Halloween

The robe was also just a simple toddler robe pattern that I embellished and lined. This was my first time sewing metalic type fabrics and it wasn't hard at at using a serger and a regular machine.

Happy halloween

I found a picture of Gatti's boxing robe and shorts for a match online and tried to make an exact replica. He loves wearing it when he plays with his gloves.

In other sewing related news... these little babies arrived in the mail yesterday!

New plume babies
Neptune layer cake
Hushabye quilt

The last is a quilt I bought on etsy from Ryan, of I'm Just a Guy Who Quilts Blog. It is a baby quilt made from Tula Pink's Hushabye charm squares. It is soooo cute!

Hushabye quilt

And my bag came from my swap partner!!! This is a swap that was put on by SewMamaSew.com.

Cosmo bag swap arrived!

My partner Amie did a beautiful job!

Swap bag close up
Bag swap

No comments: