Monday, August 23, 2010

Projects Completed this summer :)

Thread catchers
I made these using an online tutorial from one of the regular blogs I read. They are super cute Thread Catchers. I made a couple since I have young children and I use one to catch threads and the other to store my tools I'm using near the machine in. If I leave the machine unattended I simply pick up the basket and I don't have to worry about them hurting themselves with a pair of scissors or seam ripper.


Olivia Strip Quilt
Olivia strip quilt made with left overs from a panel quilt top. I should be quilting that one soon! This was my third attempt at stippling.


Scrappy Strip Quilt
This is the most favorite of all the quilts I've ever made. I love the bold colors, contrast and print on print quality. I sewed and quilted this one as I went. A super easy quilt.


UFO Table Runner

This was originally a wall hanging I started at the Houston Quilt Show class about three years ago. I decided I would never use a wall hanging so carefully cut it in half and made a table runner. This was my first attempt at free motion stippling.


Mi Casa es Su Casa Wallhanging
I loved making this wallhanging. It is such a beautiful pattern and hopefully you can't see too many of my stippling mistakes :)


Butterfly Quilt
I made this from a kit and ended up giving it to my younger sister for her 17th birthday. My mom and I make so many things, I just realized I have hardly made anything for her! I lost the finished quilt picture but will post once I find it.


Kids play mat/nap mat
A little crash mat I made for my kids, using Joey Dewberry's home dec print. I can't get enough of the print!

No comments: