Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cargo Duffle

I finally made a Noodlehead Cargo Duffle, so much fun! I made some mistakes like pre quilting all my pattern pieces before actually reading the whole pattern. Make sure you read the pattern so you understand that it's sort of a quilt as you go project. But I made a few adjustments and still have a result that I love. The patchwork was some improvisational piecing I did and wasn't sure what to do with. It was actually the exact size I needed for this project. I added some Mirror Ball to the mix and I love the result!

I used grey Kam Snaps for the closures and left the coverall zipper (purchased at JoAnn Fabrics) the way it was instead of turning the zipper pulls around to the center since I was lazy and don't have pliers for the job.

This is a free pattern on the Robert Kaufman site or use the link through Noodlehead!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Hi Katrina. Just discovered your blog via Instagram. I really like your style of quilting. Always nice to meet another Canadian blogger. Looking forward to return visits here

Weaveron Textile said...

wow,this bag is wonderful.
to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.