Monday, March 7, 2011
MMM Sewing Machine Cover
So I finally finished the sewing machine cover I made for my MMM Swap on Flickr. I actually sewed and quilted it over a month ago and pieced it together but it took until now to sew the binding on the bottom :) Talk about being lazy! For this project, I first did some machine embroidery and then made my first hexies. I used paper pieces I bought from Connecting Threads. Another first was machine quilting the swirls on the surface of the cover. I really love the effect it had!
Every time I make something new I always give it away... So here'a picture of the cover I made for myself!
I made sure to add hexies of some of my most favorite fabrics...